Cllr John Statham (Nantwich Town Council) highlights two Cheshire East Council consultations due to finish on 31st January that are asking for your views on two very important Strategies:
1. Local Transport Delivery Plan
“This is a wide ranging document listing a number of potential plans to improve transport in Nantwich. It includes parking, traffic, cycling, walking routes & public transport”.
2. Parking Survey
A survey to get your views on several aspects of car parks in Nantwich and other Cheshire East towns that you might visit including charges and on street parking.
The link to both is here:
There are quite a few issues addressed in the transport plan document which residents have raised with me recently, so it's well worth having a read and leaving your feedback or suggesting other ideas. Some of the items that I would draw your attention to are:
- Increasing the number of short stay parking spaces in the town centre
- Improving cycle parking facilities
- New cycling & walking route improvements on Hospital St, Pratchetts Row, Station Rd, Waterlode and Wellington Rd.
- Bus station improvements e.g. new waiting areas and onward travel information.
- Parking restrictions on some streets like Welsh Row and Taylor Drive
- improvements to major junctions & pinch points near to Nantwich
**Nothing is set in stone and no definite plans have been made. These are all just options at the moment.**
The parking survey is another opportunity to send in your thoughts to Cheshire East and you no doubt remember the bungled reinstatement of unfair charges in Nantwich back in June!
If you think it's unfair that parking in Nantwich attracts a charge whilst it's free in some other Cheshire East towns, this is the opportunity to right that wrong. Also, the council is collecting data about how people prefer to use the car parks to help improve them.
Feel free to share this post with others. The more responses, the better the decisions that will be made.
If you like, comment below and *respectfully* discuss the potential plans but make sure that you submit your responses through the Cheshire East website or they wont be counted.
These both end on 31/01/2021, so there is time to go through it properly and consider your responses.
As ever, if you have any questions, just let me know and I will do my best to answer them.”